|This article is a stub or a work in progress. You can help by . Specifically, it needs or is missing: notes/trivia? losing any miners?.|
Back to Work
2040 xp, 2300-6800 Credits
Alcyone Station - G&B Crystal Refinery
Back to Work is a side mission in Everspace 2. Hero is tasked by Krazinski at the G&B Crystal Refinery at "The Ulcer" with being a wingman for a mining convoy led by Alexis Iordanou and getting paid for returning the miners safely.
Head to the marked Mining Site. After some dialogue with Iordanou, you will need to find something to get power to the door. There is an empty energy socket in front of it. To the left of the mine entrance, there is another asteroid with an offline mining laser pointed at it. On the surface of the asteroid, you will find an energy unit. Bring it back to the socket and plug it in. Go all the way inside, then go back out to protect the miners from several ambushing Outlaw drones. You don't really have to worry about any of the miners getting killed. After defeating them, Iordanou will be furious that G&B isn't properly protecting their employees, and agrees with Hero that G&B doesn't operate that way. Iordanou will give you coordinates for their next stop, so you can jump out and head to the next marker at Asteroid Cluster.
One asteroid has an Outlaw base with a bomb thrower and some fuel tanks that you need to destroy. Another has a minefield you need to clear. There is also a cargo drone that, when you go near it, brings in three more outlaw ships. After all three of those have been cleared, you need to check in on the mining convoy again, back at the original mining site.
They end up not being there, so jump out again and head to the next marker at Derelict Station. There is a rundown hangar to dock at, go there. Iordanou tells Hero that he and the team will essentially become outlaws to avoid dying while working for G&B, and gives Hero 800 credits for protecting them. Hero says that it's not his place to judge them for it and prepares to abandon them and jump out. However, you still have two choices: Defeat Iordanou and return the miners to Krazinski, or spare him and leave.
- If you decide to kill him: He isn't too tough. After you defeat him, the miners will flee back to base immediately. You will need to head back to Alcyone Station and explain what happened to complete the mission. Krazinski will be sad that you had to kill him but pays you 6000 credits for returning all of the miners.
- If you decide to spare him, just jump out and return to Alcyone Station. Hero will tell Krazinski that all the miners and Iordanou were gone (dead) by the time he got there. Krazinski still decides to pay you 1500 credits because of how he & Calahan's team abandoned Hero and Ben in The Wingman (Part 1).
- Join the Mining Convoy
- Gain access to the mine.
- Protect the targets
- Defeat the Outlaws
- Go to next stop (Asteroid Cluster)
- Search area for Outlaw presence
- Destroy Outlaw structures (7)
- Destroy all mines (9)
- Destroy all Outlaws (3)
- Re-join the mining convoy
- Go to Derelict Station
- Vist Rundown Hangar
- Abandon Iordanou's crew and leave OR Defeat Iordanou and return the miners
- Return to the Alcyone Station
- Because my old G&B workplace is running low on personnel, I agreed to an old colleague to accompany one of their missions as an armed escort. I will get paid for each miner who makes it back in one piece.
- Because my old G&B workplace had been running low on personnel, I had agreed to an old colleague to accompany one of their missions as an armed escort. It turned out that the leader of the group planned to defect with his team and to turn it into an outlaw operation. Since the miners themselves weren't aware of his plan, I intervened, defeated the leader and returned the miners back to base.
- Because my old G&B workplace had been running low on personnel, I had agreed to an old colleague to accompany one of their missions as an armed escort. It turned out that the leader of the group planned to defect with his team and to turn it into an outlaw operation. I understood his frustration with Grady & Brunt and his wish for independence and let them leave for good.
- Iordanou being killed or spared here has no impact on the main story.
- At the derelict station, Iordanou will be invulnerable after you jump out (choosing to spare). The miners are also invulnerable at the station.