Aeterna Bypass count:
|“||Welcome to Charybdis Recyling Plant, where your garbage is our future.||„|
- An amendment to the Space Security Directive 93 states that obsolete tools, facilities and general infrastructure must be brought to and collected at a stable gravitational hub, so not to interfere with intra- and interstellar traffic. In other words, G&B is legally bound to dump their scrap where it cannot float away. Welcome to Charybdis Junkyard.
This location is a very large scrapyard on the surface of a desert planet. There is very little NPC activity here.
Points of interest listed below use the hill with a bright Aetheum crystal deposit as a reference, with directions facing towards the scrapyard (away from the sun and the aetheum hill).
- Charybdis Recycling Plant - a basic trading station operated by a somewhat malfunctioning scavenger bot named Banjack. Typically has equipment and resources for sale.
- 42 ring race gate to the left of the Aetheum hill
Notable Loot & Points of Interest
- Small hill at one edge of the scrapyard with a bright Aetheum crystal under some metal debris.
- The Annihilator Virus device and an Aeterna Bypass can be found in a large wreck between the race gate and where the jump suppressor is found. It contains a U-shaped hallway with two generators on either side of the U with a door in the center of the bottom. Destroy the generators to get access to the device.
- Aeterna Bypass and Nano Transmitter in a smoking wreck on side of the hill near the race gate. The entrance is through the smoke.
- There is a scrapped Jump Gate partly buried in the sand to the right of the Aetheum hill. It has a jump gate module that can be opened with three pieces of scrap metal inside.
- A wreck with a damaged door to the left of the hill has two outlaw turrets and a bulletproof container inside. Be careful of the broken doors, they can deal lots of damage if caught inside and crushed.
- There are a few basic containers scattered around the various wrecks and scrap heaps.
- Aetheum Crystal deposits
- Outlaw Turret
- Banjack, the scavenger bot in charge of the Charybdis Recycling Plant - is initially "hostile" towards Hero, trying to get his ship for parts, but is easily persuaded to be friendly.
- The sign above the recycling plant station has an advertisement for Federal Arms & Crafts with a slogan "We build it. You finish it!", and next to it an advertisement for containers.
- Banjack uses text-to-speech for dialogue, left in by popular demand as all voices pre-early access were also TTS.