Sector 7 marks the end of the Demilitarized Zone. It is different from the previous sectors as it is only one location, and is always the same. It is a lifeless and very large asteroid as part of an unknown planet's ring system, and was actively used by the Colonials before the war. There are several unpowered turrets in the area that can be used for help in Sector 7's fights. They have energy cores that must be activated by the player before they can help. At the bottom of the central area is a large missile silo, that is used against Admiral Gorc's warship.
Adam Roslin's secret lab is at the far end of the area. It can't be interacted with in-game - it can only be seen from afar and in cutscenes. It is an abandoned Colonial research station from before the Colonial-Okkar War.
- When entering Sector 7 for the first time, the player will confront Seth Nobu (along with Denara Roslin), and defeat several waves of Outlaw forces. This run is completed by entering the lab.
- In the DNA collection and repair phase, there will be several Outlaw ships in the area that must be defeated before entering the lab. Runs are completed by entering the lab.
- After repairing all 8 DNA fragments, Admiral Gorc's warship will jump in, which is only defeated by taking energy cores from turrets and using them to power the missile silo and fire 1 massive missile capable of significantly damaging the warship. This must be well-timed and done several times. This run is only completed if Gorc is defeated, which "kills" Hero's current iteration but counts as a win. If the player dies while fighting Gorc, any damage done to his hull will carry over to the next run.
- Destroying the warship causes a massive explosion that leaves the entirety of the playable area of Sector 7 a giant blast crater, with no structures remaining. There is always a single scrap at the center of the crater. Runs are now completed by jumping out of the sector, just like any other system/zone in the earlier sectors. There is no Jumpgate and there are no enemies. There is also an easter egg related to the story - if the player waits long enough in Sector 7, another clone that has made it through the DMZ will jump in and jump out, same as every other Hero/Adam Roslin clone has been doing.
- Before the full release of Everspace with the story, there was a different version of Sector 7 where the player needed to get four AR cores from AR generators in order to escape and win. Each generator had several enemies and turrets guarding it, similarly to the end of Hardcore. There was also a boss named Dafoe that jumped in at every generator piloting some kind of heavy fighter. After getting dealt enough damage, it jumped out again. After getting all four cores, they had to be placed at a portal, which opened something like a wormhole that the player had to fly in to end the game. The area itself was a large rocky planetoid similar to the current Sector 7, though it also had solar storms and a black hole.
- Hardcore mode, which has a different sector 7