Here's a list of everything this wiki needs to be "complete". At this point, only a lot of non-crucial stuff is left for the Everspace 1 portion.
If you plan on contributing more than just a couple edits, please consider registering and joining the Rockfish/Everspace Discord (see you in #wiki-general!) here.
- 1 Overall Wiki
- 2 Everspace 2
- 3 Everspace 1
- Rockfish Games - history section in progress by User:2lol2lmao
- Add alt text to all thumbnails/image? Seems to be a 'best practice' thing, also it's good for SEO
- Add pages for different races, Horag and K'Nos, maybe redirect human to Colonials
New style & design
- easy possibility of different styling for pages about ES1 or ES2 content using https://help.gamepedia.com/Extension:CategorySkins. For ES1 pages the header would be something from ES1 and the link color would change back to the old blue (In Category:Everspace). ES2 pages would continue using current styling
- Might need a second skin and category to override the first, for pages that have content from both games (would use ES2 styling)
- Categories containing stuff specifically related to Everspace 2 should be titled <Name name> (ES2). Categories with ES1 content will not be changed, consider anything without (ES2) ES1 content.
- This is different for normal content pages... things that are obviously only in ES2 may not need the (ES2) in the title, and some pages will include content from both games.
- Top level for Everspace content is Category:Everspace, ES2 is Category:Everspace 2
Check pins on both wiki channels in the discord for important discussion about this
To-do lists from updates
- Mary mcclure -> marie de vindt, flying dutchess is ship/shop name
- local events renamed to location challenges, give aeterna bypass
- breakable walls are more obvious w/ radar icon
- zharkov locations
- Ceto and Union locations are currently all OUTDATED
Main Content pages
All will need imglinks on es2 portal eventually, ask 2lol2lmao to work on that
- Characters (ES2)
- Director Blackmore, in charge of G&B operations in Ceto? or maybe overall in C-34
- Officer Shaw -nephtys planes
-  good early info to add to Tareen
- "In his role as a deserted Colonial space pilot who had to play every trick in the book to survive against all odds, Dax will be your first companion and serve as a guide in this early portion of the game."
- Perks (ES2) - more to come, missing some of Delia's levels
- Also don't forget to add the icons for each
- Early access cost changes
- Enemies (ES2) - keep adding stuff
- keep in mind for detonator drone page, there was something similar planned for ES1 but was cut. see the imgur gif dumps for a kamikaze enemy
- Ships (ES2) - page for each subclass w/ stats, images, etc.
- Ship attributes (ES2) - expand with more specifics/formulas
- Union, all locations
- All Ceto locations need a once-over (early access update), adding new location descriptions (italicized, indented paragraph at top below main summary), removing level from infobox, and any changes to points of interest as well as aeterna bypasses from any containers and challenges. Once done, add Template:Ceto nav to the bottom, serving as a mark of being fully checked/updated.
- stations (ES2), secrets (ES2) pages? will need to add their links to all location page headers. Also need to link future resources (ES2), enemies (ES2), and npcs page. redirect npcs to characters?
- Probably have links to each system, then each system page will have links to each site (and region if they eventually get expanded enough to need a page).
- Sites should list missions that have objectives or are offered there
- Maybe a landing page with a list of all stations as well + any useful info, probably a big table. Stations might have job boards, ship dealer, black market, shop
- Grendal has a template for these pages to copy/paste
- Will regions have enough info to justify having an individual page, or just include info on system pages? Could just make region links redirects to system pages if that happens
- Get all map icons and make a legend
- Investigate what happens at locations after 'clearing' them once and returning later (new enemies, etc)
- Local challenges
- Might want an infobox for factions or races if there are a lot more of them
- Subfactions could actually be put into subpages
- Story (ES2) - update as new main missions are added and as it changes with updates
- Resources (ES2) - continue updating pages with new resources & info found
- Crystal, Ore, plasma disambig pages?
- maybe standardize resource page titles later (s or no s, capitalization)
- Needs info about deposits and hardened ore patches (or links to pages about them)
- Make new equipment infobox for ES2 equipment, copy in-game UI as close as possible
- separate pages for each type, maybe even each kind of item?
- add purple color for higher level items?
- equip prefixes. some known: calibrated (rail gun?), efficient (thermo gun?), increased capacity (missiles), powerful, marksman, starforged
- devices - change unlock header to just 'Obtaining'
- Missions (ES2) - keep working on as things are updated.
- Investigate losing miners in back to work
- Early access update changes
- Everspace 2 - some images that showcase the game, keep updating with new info
- Prototype (ES2) - needs work, describe prototype's content. Will be updated in the future
- Updates (ES2) - keep updating
- Mechanics (ES2) maybe? For smaller things not worth a page, links to things like Damage (ES2) and Level. Stats page? grappling mechanic/tractor beam? Mining? Health? Movement? Energy (for both games?), include ship attributes? Status effects/buffs/debuffs/conditions/'elements' (corrosion, webbed, emp, virus, broken weapons, etc.). Resistances (link from health/damage). Secrets/breakable walls. Any of these that get their own page should be added to mechanics navbox (also include a minigame row).
- Minigames - racing, explosive asteroid (called rigged asteroid in beta), hacking maybe if they add it. Single page for all? individual pages? List of race courses, maybe pages like that for all relevant locations.
- Usually, one page for each enemy type. Might want to condense certain enemies like Outlaw Turrets if possible (use tabber for enemy infobox). Enemies with similar origins in ES1 need (ES2) identifier in title.
- Local challenge (find container, etc.), maybe list all locations with one (by system), used to be called local events pre-early access
- Item disambiguation page for equipment/resources/devices/etc.?
Infoboxes & Templates
- Template:Location infobox - re-do appearance to fit ES2 UI elements/color (also make it less wide), local event parameter, remove level parameter, maybe try to match map box appearance w/ objects list
- Equipment infoboxes that mimic in-game UI (but UI is WIP right now) - same deal as above - either have separate templates for weapons, modules, and consumables, or somehow support all of them.
- Device infobox will definitely have to be separate from equipment
- Current character infobox may do fine... but maybe make a new one for characters that show up in ES2 (tabber - one tab for ES1 infobox, one tab for ES2 infobox?) that uses ES2 UI elements.
- Template:Mission infobox: re-do appearance to fit ES2 UI elements/color (also make it less wide), reward needs little credits icon, maybe add another param for companions that are with you during this mission, make it so div box around enemies param can support more lines/rows
- Naxboxes: since it will be for ES2 content, just mark it with "X navbox2" instead of just "X navbox" incase ES1 navboxes are made
- Template:Location nav2 - Overall nav for systems & other info (include small icon of sun/color). System specific navs like Template:Ceto nav should only be used on site pages and be grouped by region.
- Template:Enemy nav2 - group by faction
- Equipment - (split into a main, then one for each type?) eventually have small icons for each
- Template:Device nav2 - row for warfare, row for support. eventually have small icons for each
- Template:Mechanics nav2 - expand with anything? small icons?
- Add mechanics listed above, row for minigames?
- Make a version of Template:Quote that mimics in-game dialogue boxes - Template:QuoteES2?
- Equipment Comparison (significant project): Something on its own page - can load pick two different pieces of equipment from a drop down to load their respective infoboxes and calculate + show comparison text (example comparison text in this ui sneak peak in both infoboxes. Might need an initial dropdown for equipment type so you can't compare different things. Could also do something similar with ship comparisons
- Pretty much all new pages will need some images. They will be marked with Template:Upload if so, possibly with a list of what's needed.
- Clear images of enemy/neutral ships
- Continue adding more imglinks to ES2 portal - using figma + fpimagelink template to make them, see discord
- Would be nice to have more action screenshots for mission pages, sort of like what Spares and Scrap has
- Need to get all the various icons eventually. Ask RFG_Erik for help? Maybe RFG_Thilo could help also. Any icons just taken from in-game with a screenshot need to be cleaned up, with transparency
Pages that need to be created or edited
- Okkar - Continue adding info/tips for the ships
- Outlaws - Continue adding info/tip for the ships
- Grady & Brunt Prospects - continue adding info/tips for the ships
- All of the faction pages with ship info tables - the table could use a rework. How can it be made better to accommodate maybe more stats, another image? Maybe remove description column? Make a template?
- The Coalition "The Coalition has bigger plans!" -Elek, mention elek's mission? Make format easy to expand with ES2 info
- Where to put info about Elite ships?
- Codex - put when they are unlocked.
- Some Encounters Characters don't spawn until meeting Seth Nobu?
- Check & update secondary weapon and consumable pages with slotmax parameter
- Category:Dialogue -Separate into pages for each main character with dialogue. Not a priority, but would be nice to have. Avoided lots of work using Excel2Wiki, but the resulting table still needs to be edited (merging rows for same encounters and when same character has multiple lines in a row - use Visual Editor for merging cells faster). Work is on User:Grendal27/Sandbox.