So you've returned. And right on time, I'd say. We've got new assignments on the job board.
Here's a list of everything this wiki needs to be "complete". At this point, only a lot of non-crucial stuff is left for the Everspace 1 portion.
If you plan on contributing more than just a couple edits, please consider registering and joining the Rockfish/Everspace Discord (see you in #wiki-general!) here.
- Rockfish Games - history section in progress by User:2lol2lmao
- Add relevant alt text to more images & thumbnails, in order to better follow best practices & help SEO.
- Add pages for sentient species in both games, such as Horag and K'Nos (there are many more introduced in ES2), maybe redirect human to Colonials
Style & Design
- Different styling for pages about ES1 or ES2 content, possibly using https://help.gamepedia.com/Extension:CategorySkins. For ES1 pages the header would be something from ES1 and the link color would change back to the old blue (In Category:Everspace). ES2 pages would continue using current styling
- Might need a second skin and category to override the first, for pages that have content from both games (would use ES2 styling)
- This extension is currently broken/abandoned. Ask about it on the Fandom Discord?
- Categories containing stuff specifically related to Everspace 2 should be titled <Name name> (ES2). Categories with ES1 content will not be changed, consider anything without (ES2) ES1 content.
- This is different for normal content pages... things that are obviously only in ES2 may not need the (ES2) in the title, and some pages will include content from both games.
- Top level for Everspace content is Category:Everspace, ES2 is Category:Everspace 2
Main Content pages
- All main content pages should have imglinks on the Everspace 2 Portal. - in progress by lol_hi#4957
- Everspace 2 - some images that showcase the game (official probably), keep updating with new info
- Special:WantedPages - all current redlinks
- Characters (ES2)
- Figure out formatting of characters who were in ES1 as well. Tabs? Just different section headers? Probably a tabbed pibox at least.
- Perks (ES2)
- Recheck costs
- This page should include a master list of needed resources, which should be included on the main Resources (ES2) page or linked to.
- Enemies (ES2) - list all, each one should have an individual pages with stats, tactics, player strategies,
- Check for name changes for Outlaw units
- keep in mind for detonator drone page, there was something similar planned for ES1 but was cut. see the imgur gif dumps for a kamikaze enemy
- Elites have adjusted AI tactics as well as better stats
- Ships (ES2)
- Ship attributes (ES2) - expand with more specifics/formulas
- Info about all part types & stats - info pinned on Discord, probably use tables and a gallery for the part types
- Improve & standardize pictures for the different parts
- Locations (ES2)
- Update infoboxes with resources after spring 22 update
- Sites should list missions that have objectives or are offered there
- Maybe Stations (ES2) - list of all stations and their services. Expand with trading details later.
- If regions eventually get more individual mechanics, maybe individual pages for each. Currently they redirect to the system.
- Get all map icons and make a legend
- Investigate what happens at locations after 'clearing' them once and returning later (new enemies, etc)
- Rewrite randomized locations section
- Add the lil green icon when Location challenges mentioned
- Factions (ES2)
- Might want an infobox for factions or races if there are a lot more of them
- Subfactions could be put into subpages
- Resources (ES2)
- Mining (ES2)
- Hardened ore patch
- mission/story items
- Some renamed in Spring 2022 update
- Clean icons (once released/finalized)
- Include needed resources for missions, perks, etc.
- Equipment (ES2)
- Add an overview section with various details
- Purple coloration for higher level items?
- Most of the individual pages need a lot of expansion
- Unique variants
- Add an overview section with various details
- Missions (ES2) - Do a whole new pass on this with 1.0
- Investigate losing miners in back to work
- Can ram outlaw chief Bolton to take down his shield
- Mechanics (ES2)? (Template:Mechanics nav2)
- Codex (ES2)
- Conditions (buffs & debuffs)
- Mining (ES2)
- Puzzles and minigames - all sphere types, breakable walls, race gates, Rigged asteroids, Shadow creatures
- Spatial Bypass
- Damage (ES2) - add critical hit info, how its affected, what it does, etc.
- Controls (ES2) - needs a once over. Add inventory management (batch keys, storage, etc.)
- Trading (ES2)
- Make sure all of the tutorial popups are covered
- Updates (ES2) - update as needed
- Mechanics (ES2) maybe? For smaller things not worth a page, links to things like Damage (ES2) and Level. Stats page? grappling mechanic/tractor beam? Mining? Health? Movement? Energy (for both games?), include ship attributes? Status effects/buffs/debuffs/conditions/'elements' (corrosion, webbed, emp, virus, broken weapons, etc.). Resistances (link from health/damage). Secrets/breakable walls. Any of these that get their own page should be added to mechanics navbox (also include a minigame row), drone gameplay.
- Minigames - racing, rigged asteroids, hacking maybe if they add it. Single page for all? individual pages? List of race courses, maybe pages like that for all relevant locations.
- Usually, one page for each enemy type. Might want to condense certain enemies like Outlaw Turrets if possible (use tabber for enemy infobox). Enemies with similar origins in ES1 need (ES2) identifier in title.
- Items disambiguation page for equipment/resources/devices/etc.? (ES1/ES2 section)
Need to make several new portable infobox templates based on the in-game ui (example: Template:Location pibox). Some of these may need to be put off until the Codex (ES2) is released as they will have relevant UI and info pieces.
- New ES2 equipment pibox mimicing UI like above. Separate templates for weapons, modules, and consumables, or somehow support all of them if the UI lines up well.
- Generic Item pibox for resources & mission items
- ES2 Device pibox
- ES2 Character pibox. Tabber support for characters in both games.
- Redo Template:Mission infobox as pibox, credits icon, maybe companions parameter, support for multiple lines in enemies parameter, or change to factions if the enemies are not hard coded, make next/previous more obvious
- Most of these might need to wait until the Codex is released to see relevant UI pieces.
Currently there are no navboxes on the wiki for ES1 content except Template:Equipment NavBox, but they should be titled "X nav2" just in case.
- Take a look at restyling with ES2 motifs.
- Take a look at adding small icons for each item in all/some navboxes when relevant
- Update all as needed. See Category:Navbox templates
- Main Template:Equipment nav2 exists, but maybe add one for each equipment type (weapons at least), set navbox?
- Add Template:QuoteES2 where relevant
- Match text coloration where relevant (such as numbers in equipment infoboxes being yellow ish)
- Equipment Comparison (significant project): Something on its own page - can load pick two different pieces of equipment from a drop down to load their respective infoboxes and calculate + show comparison text (example comparison text in this ui sneak peak in both infoboxes. Might need an initial dropdown for equipment type so you can't compare different things. Could also do something similar with ship comparisons
- Hover-over infobox previews?
- Pretty much all new pages will need some images. They will be marked with Template:Upload if so (hopefully but might not be right now), possibly with a list of what's needed.
- Clear images of all NPCs/units/enemies
- Would be nice to have more action screenshots for mission pages, sort of like what Spares and Scrap has
- Need to get all the various icons eventually. Ask RFG_Erik for help? Maybe RFG_Thilo could help also. Any icons just taken from in-game with a screenshot need to be cleaned up, with transparency
- Okkar - Continue adding info/tips for the ships
- Outlaws - Continue adding info/tip for the ships
- Grady & Brunt Prospects - continue adding info/tips for the ships
- All of the faction pages with ship info tables - the table could use a rework. How can it be made better to accommodate maybe more stats, another image? Maybe remove description column? Make a template?
- The Coalition "The Coalition has bigger plans!" -Elek, mention elek's mission? Make format easy to expand with ES2 info
- Info about elite ships somewhere
- Codex - put when they are unlocked.
- Some Encounters Characters don't spawn until meeting Seth Nobu?
- Check & update secondary weapon and consumable pages with slotmax parameter
- Template:Equipment NavBox - ES1 styling
- Continue fleshing out Tips and Tricks and adding to respective pages
- Add mechanics pages/info like what ES2 has?
- Category:Dialogue -Separate into pages for each main character with dialogue. Not a priority, but would be nice to have. Avoided lots of work using Excel2Wiki, but the resulting table still needs to be edited (merging rows for same encounters and when same character has multiple lines in a row - use Visual Editor for merging cells faster). Work is on User:Grendal27/Sandbox.